February 25th

February 25th
Inviting you in, doing something creative for the joy of it, with you Jesus…
That was where all this started. That was – is – what this month has been about. And what has it shown me?

That I had forgotten how to do that, lost that skill.
That I thought you wanted me to cope, to gut it out.
That I thought you were only really present when I was Doing Things For Other People.

It showed me how battle-weary I was, and how hard these two years of covid have been. Because the whole covid thing hasn’t been the hardest thing I’ve ever experienced, then I’ve tended to dismiss it as lightweight, as something that shouldn’t really have affected me. Something I should have coped with, no problem, because it isn’t as bad as…

It’s shown me how battle-weary I was, and it’s shown me your rest, Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 4th

February 8th

February 23rd